The Junior Cycle Specification for Modern Foreign Languages is based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You can read more about the framework on the link below:
Modern Foreign Languages (1st years 2017)
What will I learn and do in Modern Foreign Languages?
- Actively engage in learning activities and tasks
- Develop skills that I can apply to other areas of study
- Be reflective and autonomous in my language learning and become actively involved in monitoring and assessing my progress
- Communicate effectively and confidently in the target language
- Develop the capacity to understand written and spoken language
- Develop their capacity to use appropriate structures and vocabulary for purposes of communication, both written and oral
How will I know I am doing well?
- Use the target language and encourage others in my class
- Have all my equipment and Hl ready for class
- Keep my eportfolio up to date
- Partcipte and engage in all classroom activities
You can find the Junior Cycle new specification for Modern Foreign Languages below: